Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, June 25, 2007

Road Trip: Day Four...


Day Four:

Up again early, but we did manage to sleep in an hour or two more than we had been… Now that was heaven. The guys went to get an oil change on the vehicle before swinging back to pick me up to see an Air Force Museum. Tons of planes later we all met up for lunch and a quick stop at a Mardi Gras Museum. Tons of photos later… (I have not yet been to New Orleans or Mardi Gras… So I do mean tons…) and we were on the road once again. This time heading to Texas…

Now Texas is a big state. And by big, I mean huge… It took us three hours to get to just outside Dallas, and it seemed longer as the cars and trucks raced past. California plates in another state means not speeding, not matter how fast the other drivers are going… Now this big state is very proud of their Lone star… It was plastered everywhere. On the freeways and street signs… On the flags that were hung everywhere… on the sides of buildings like a form of graffiti… It was cool. This giant state turned out to be far more liberal than I expected and far more into the arts and expression of roadside art and kitsch than I had ever heard of… Like a piece of San Francisco had somehow managed to stick to all the oil barons and cowboys and ordinary people of the plains… It was even better than San Francisco in some ways… Probably because it was so unexpected… Probably too that it was just starting up… Just taking hold… just becoming cool and accepted as a fringe movement, rather than being so solidly established that it all just melted together. The vibrations in Deep Ellum were… Well… They were downright exciting… You could FEEL the changes blowing in the wind…

So this was where we stayed for the night. With friends of the Boyfriend… They were awesome (Of course… I have come to expect this from the Boyfriend. He has great taste in friends… What can I say, after all, I was one of them too at one point not too long ago…) We had an adventure at the grocery store… And brought home a bag of Crawdads to try… (I was waffling all day about trying them before we went to far west and I missed out on the opportunity… But to eat something that I have to take apart, let alone suck at the head… Ewww… But I believe that part of life is trying as much as possible… So… We came home with Crawfish and Cowboy Burgers…) This dinner party of three became four, then five, and then six… Until it became an impromptu reunion/meeting of Pleasure Gardeners… And all I can say of that experience was that there was much food, drink, fun and laughter to be found… A really, REALLY, good time was had by all… And sometime in the late on the night, I crashed. Sitting upright at the kitchen counter. The boyfriend had to dance me off to bed… (Or so I am told… Of course he could have just carried me… But I gather it was more fun to dance across the artistically treated floor…) So… Like I said… A good time was had by all… Perhaps me most of all…

No comments: