Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I Must Rememeber...


I must remember:

I must remember to pull back...
Not to get too close...
Or to move too quickly...

I must remember to keep things just under the surface...
So that they may be more easily lifted away when the time comes...
To let love go before it takes a deeper hold on my heart...

I must remember to move forward...
That I am not for the ordinary or everyday things in life...
And desire matters not beyond that of want and wishing...

I must remember that words are free...
Easily spoken and shared...
Harder to back up, especially over time...

I must remember that not all are as certain as I...
And that doubting is natural...
But I do not have to wait for anything save myself...

I must remember that my heart is not a prize...
Or something to be given away easily to the next pretty soul...
It is something that should be sought and treasured and earned, every day...

I must remember not to see things as I want to...
Only as how they are in the moment of now...
That time reveals everything, even the secrets that are kept hidden for too long...

I must remember that it is not just I who is dancing to tunes...
Or smiling at the sun...
Tilting at windmills is something everyone does when they feel bold enough...

I must remember that things can be lost before they are ever really found...
That nothing is certain...
And hope may spring eternal if it fed from the wells of love...

I must remember not to leap to high...
Or fall to far...
And that not every splat will end up in a bounce at the end of it all...

I must remember...
Not to forget, or dream to deeply...
Reality is a grand enough thing on its own to behold...

I must remember...

No comments: