Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, June 1, 2007

Can someone please explain this to me?


Okay...

I have just spent my wonderful Friday night home, on the sofa, watching THE GODFATHER...

WHY?

Every guy that I know says this is a great movie... Fantastic, wonderful, insightful even... But I just don't get it... It is a long movie about a guy from Italy who gets into the mob and becomes powerful... It is long... It is dull... It is filled with name calling and violence... Did I mention that it is long? And slow...

There must be a reason why this is SO important for me to see... Why it is a fundamental tool for dealing with situations of control and power... But other than learning that if you rub your fingertips backwards across your chin while you speak with a funny voice people will think you are to be reckoned with, I just don't get it...

Course, it wasn't all bad... They wear a lot of very nice suits in the movie... And I love a man in a suit and tie... I really, really love a man in a suit and tie, especially tailored Italian wool... But not even I love looking at men in suits that much... (Did I mention that it was a really, really, really long movie? It was...)

So...

Can someone please explain this to me? Pretty please? With canolies on top? WHY is this such a great movie? What is it that I should be taking away from this cinematographic method of Friday night torture?

(Just pretend it's your daughter's wedding day and you can't refuse me? -See, I really did sit through it- PLEASE?)

No comments: