Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Road: Day Seven or is it Eight...


Day Seven or is it Eight:

We drove and stopped for gas, and made time for food as needed until it has all become one big fuzzy faded memory in my head… And then we stopped in the late afternoon in Holbrook.

Now Holbrook I remember. I remember it well actually… I remember it well for several reasons…

The first of which is that there was someplace that I really wanted to stay at there… A silly touristy place that I heard about long ago and then read about over and over in the tour books that II brought for the trip. When asked what it was that I wanted to see on the trip there were a few things that really sparked me. The Crayola Factory, (out of the way) Williamsburg, (again, not on the route we took) Cadillac Ranch, (we rocked the ranch) and Holbrook (for all of the terrific Route 66 stuff… The only other place that we drove through with as much left from the Route 66 Era was Tucumcari…) The Boyfriend was beyond awesome for making the stop and stay in Holbrook… And I pranced about the town for the rest of the day with a silly grin on my face… (Have I mentioned how great the Boyfriend is? Better than great… He is awesome!)

The second reason I remember Holbrook so well is due to all the stir that I seemed to have caused just by walking down the street… Now this is not me bragging… Or trying to say that I am not used to being… appreciated… for my looks… But this was over the top. Seriously. If I ever feel bad about myself in the future, I am going to spend a day in Holbrook. It got to the point of ridiculous for the cranked heads and honks and whistles… And I was in a tee shirt and green gym pants… Nothing special. No makeup… Just me… And I now know what it feels like to be famous… Flattering, but odd… It was as if I had USDA grade A stamped across my backside and the giant Playboy Bunny emblem floating above my head. Let us just say it was an experience… And that I am actually understating the reaction that I garnered from everyone… And that the Boyfriend can testify to this… (And more I am sure… Just ask him…)

No comments: