Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, June 25, 2007

Boston's Children's Museum...

I wanted to dash this out to you before we left for the road trip in the dark of the morning... I have no idea where my next internet connection and web "fix" will be coming from or when...

I have been in Boston this past week... Taking things easy and hiding out from the locals and the rain. I usually love the rain, but I had enough of it this past spring and really did not want to try to figure out how to dry out my shoes... (I only have two pairs with me, so you know how that would go... And wet feet that cannot get dry are no fun...) It was actually nice though... I enjoyed the hibernation... Even more yesterday when I finally figured out that I could turn on the little radiator and huddle next to it on the floor... I was seriously happy... I was warm, it was quiet, there was much smiling and being a silly goof ball alone with the music on my laptop and the internet to keep me company...

Today there was sunshine... So I went on an adventure in the city, as I have been staying in Cambridge... I took the T and guessed at a good place to depart the train... I stumbled out into the daylight and right into a block party... Complete with a little stage and guys singing and freebie give-aways and food and vendors and tons of people milling about... Then onto the harbor to see the boats and the Children's Museum... Which was really cool. I would say it has to be the best one I have ever seen... I do admit that I must have looked strange in a Children's Museum without a child, but it is not as if I could rent one for the afternoon in a strange city... And something tells me that Boston is just not that sort of place... They had a real Japanese House from Kyoto... That was by far my favorite part of the day. I must have talked to the docent for 45 minutes about all the different things that they had inside... I loved it all... And it made me rally glad that I was not any taller than I was, if I were even just and inch or two more, I would have hit my head on the door frames... I think I could easily say that I would be happy living in a home like that... It would be interesting for sure, but it was somehow reassuring too...

I had an interesting experience on the train ride back... Or I should say, rather, waiting for the train... It is a delicate thing to discuss... Let us just say that I think this poor guy was afraid that a part of his anatomy might fall off... He was holding himself for dear life... At least that was all he was doing... Needless to say, I did not sit in the same car on the way back...

And that would be the excitement that I have had...

Tomorrow we get in the car and drive to Delaware... I think we might get to go to Atlantic City... For that I am very excited... I will have to let you know... All I know for certain is that it will be an adventure...

No comments: