Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Road: Day Six...


Day Six:

Brought heartfelt goodbyes to all, including the cats… And then we were off and driving once again…

Did I mention that Texas is a big state? A huge, seemingly endless state? That goes on for miles and miles, the road just slipping away beneath the vehicle as it goes on and on? It is. It took forever to get out of Texas… (Not that Texas is bad, it’s just that we had deadlines looming closer and closer… We needed to make some serious time…)

We did make one fantastic stop. At the Cadillac Ranch. (It’s off I-40, aka Route 66, just west of Amarillo…) If you have never been there, it is well worth the stop. We stopped and took countless photos and then I scored the duck! (For those that are wondering what scoring the duck is… It is from a Dharma and Greg episode. Google it or ask me about it and I’ll fill you in better… But needless to say, I SCORED THE DUCK!!! And it was the Boyfriend’s idea. I love the Boyfriend… I really do… He is awesome! More so, because I scored the duck! Now of course, it will be hard to have the duck taken away, and harder still to score it again… But it was awesome… And timing is everything… (One more time for the road… I SCORED THE DUCK! Right in the middle of the Cadillac Ranch… Yup… It was a great day…)

We finally entered into New Mexico and this is where my brain is getting mushy with the road… It is blending things all together… Audio books blending with tour books, road melding with sky… I can’t recall if we stayed in Albuquerque or drove past. I can’t make my mind separate anything again until Holbrook, Arizona…

Sorry…

Sometimes it just happens…

No comments: