Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, March 30, 2007

Would it Help...

Would it help if I said that I loved you
If I said that I was scared
If perhaps there was a part of me that thought that things were too good to be true
And so I really might have been sabotaging after all
If you know me better than I know myself at times
If you could take it all away with just your words
Or a hug
Or even just a flash of your smile
That the phantom you brings me more joy than the real of so many others
That I miss you more than sunshine
Or rain
Or stars in the sky that have landed upon the earth and dance before my eyes like happy little pixies with bubbles for hats

Would it make a difference if I said that I only make promises that I can keep
And that I would promise you the moon if I could bring it down from the distance and offer it to you in my hand
I would promise you the world
That I promise you my heart

Would it help if I said you are dearer to me than the air
Or the flowers
Or the singing of those birds that we forget to hear
Or any of the simple joys that I embrace each day
Because you are my joy
My smile my laugher
And gigglegasms
The twinkle in my eye
The mischief in my mind
And the filling of my heart

Would it make things better if I said that with you I could do anything
Move mountains
Or move to foreign lands
I can conquer anything with enough time
Even my own doubts and fears
Because you love me as I am

Would it explain enough if I said that love is not enough
But also sometimes too much
That trust was the balance
And that I cherish you more than you know
That there are not the right words to describe how I really feel
So I keep looking
And I squeeze you until the twelfth of never
Because that is what I am offering to you
My heart
My hopes
My dreams
And even those pesky fears
Because you are my truest friend and I embrace you for that my Love

No comments: