Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'll take another piece please...

Dear Friends;

I am off again for the spring in a matter of hours and change… And for the first time ever, I have packed everything in one suitcase. All folded neatly, but really rather haphazard. I am not even sure what I packed. I don’t even care. I have socks and panties, something nice (I think), sweaters and play clothes. I have no idea if anything matches, or if I will want to wear it while I am there.

And for the first time, there are bigger things on my mind than what is going onto my body… (Who knew?)

I feel as if I am in a countdown limbo…
Wait for it…
Wait for it…
Way too much waiting for it…
Tell me again why I am waiting?
Oh yeah… I remember…
Wait for it…
Ugghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

A Dear Friend of mine said that he feels as if he is waiting in the wings to go onto the Stage that is life… (I think I am paraphrasing, but the idea is right…) I know how he feels… I am right there with him… I don’t want to rush on forward and miss what is going on here in the “now”… But honestly, I am so preoccupied with the “not right now but soon” of things that I am just too restless to really settle down.

So I flit from this to that…
And I eat sugary things that I would not normally consume…
And I fidget during conversations…
And I forget questions that have just been asked…
And I feel as if I could not be bothered to take the time needed for properly completing the tasks at hand…
And…
And…
And…

And for the first time, there are bigger things on my mind than what is going onto my body… (And that is saying quite a lot.)

Can you make the hands of a clock move faster than the slow tick, tick, tick?
Can you click fast forward and stop when you reach a month from now?
Can you predict the future and tell me it will all work out fine?
Better than fine?
Fantastic perhaps?
Can you flip to the back of the book and tell me how the story ends?
Can you tell me if the Hero gets the Villain?
If the Lovers live happily ever after?
If the Adventurer returns home safely?
If…
If…
If…
Can you?

And for the first time, there are bigger things on my mind than what is going onto my body… (So I am not going to unpack my bag, like I usually do. I am just going to shove in my tennies after training, and check the bag at the airport as it is.)

In the meantime...

What I really want is another huge slice of chocolate cake...

No comments: