Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Hills are Alive…

Dear Friends;

Have you ever known yourself better than you thought that you did? Have you ever made a choice or a decision knowing that it was the right one to make but you were not sure exactly why? Have you chosen a path filled with great things? Great difficulty, great joy, great patience, great learning, great love? Have you ever wanted to rush things, but really knew deep down that taking the long way was really the best way for this path chosen?

This is where I am.

Sherpa, Yak, hiking boots and an over-sized canteen of hydration. I am on this path. Firmly planted and trekking into the wild blue yonder towards the most beautiful mountain scape ever to behold. I am leaping along to tunes from the Sound of Music and picking pretty flowers along the way, but I am climbing ever upward into the glorious hills. So if you see me twirling along in my skirt and boots or dancing a polka with the Sherpa, if you hum a few bars of “The Hills are Alive”, you will know the tempo of the song in my heart these days.

This is not to say that my road is without perils. Merely that I am facing them with peace and joy. Which brings even more joy as I spring past, tiptoe through, and prance beside them.

I can do this!

And in those times when I am overwhelmed, I have a Guide that arrives at doorstep to help me through the worst of the current snow-filled in pass.

No comments: