Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Playa Puzzle Box...

Dear Friends;

Today I went with a Dear Friend to check out a new possible treasure trove. I has pleased with the contents of this untried store, though it is not going to be a frequented place of consumerism with either of us.

What I walked away with was something a little unexpected. A vintage train case with a leather shoulder strap. Tweed and very masculine, it looks like something from the 1940’s possibly. It has one of those three number combination locks. 0-9 with 999 possible combinations. And… The case is LOCKED! There is no combination. But for $3.50 I could not resist the challenge of discerning the secret and discovering what may be hidden away inside. And once opened, it will be a delightful carryall for the Playa.

I am calling it my Playa Puzzle Box.

Now to figure out how to open it. My Dear Friend fiddled with it for twenty minutes. My Father tried his hand at it for fifteen. And I keep walking by it, picking it up, shaking it vigorously as if the barrels will somehow magically slip into place, and setting it back down.

This is better than a Rubik’s Cube when they first came out. I foresee hours of endless entertainment for all who venture into the realm of the puzzles and challenges and unknown solutions. Hours and hours of enjoyment for mere pennies.

This is fun.

But really… Any suggestions on how to open the darn thing?

No comments: