Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ten Days…

Dear Friends;

It’s been such a long while… Ten whole days actually… I thought that I would go nuts for not having my daily fix… And in truth, parts of me really did… I missed you all quite a bit. But…

I had a very, very Dear Friend fly 3,000 miles to visit. Visit me, visit the warmth (and me), visit the sunshine (and me), visit other Dear Friends (and me), visit the tourist attractions (and me), visit the un-known local hot-spots (and me), but mostly just visit me… (I know... I am spoiled... Happy me...)

And was I ever spoiled! I mean who would not be spoiled by the endless laughter shared with a wonderful Dear Friend, that had just left 20 below 0 weather to go to Disneyland for the FIRST TIME EVER with yours truly as the whimsical tour guide? (I think I took about 400 photographs of the two of us laughing and giggling like the little kids that we were, in just that one afternoon. Thank goodness for digital cameras!)

And while it is late, and I am tired beyond reason, and already missing my Dear Friend… I just HAD to share this one silly photograph of the two of us…

Yup…

There are others just like me out there folks… Others who love to be silly and light-hearted just for the sake of delight and folly… I can’t wait for the next visit… I am already planning my invasion… I will take the cold and freezing by storm if need be… I will chatter and turn blue for the sweet bliss of long-awaited hugs and laughter…

And if you are wondering about the trip… Here is a glimpse of some of the silly to come…

• Sliding down banisters… Not one, but two… Weeeee…
• Playing in fountains… Brrr… In the winter… Cold blue feet…
• Disneyland… If you have never been, we SOOO need to go… It really is the happiest place on earth…
• World famous San Diego Zoo… And the Wild Animal Park… I’ll never look at Meerkats the same way again…
• Kansas City BBQ… Did you know that it has been 21 years since Top Gun came out??
• Views of the City… Ahhhh… The views…
• Hot tubbin’ so long that the prunes became prunnier than previously thought possible…
• Crusin’ Newport Beach in a Cabana Boat… They never should have let me drive…
• Food… Food for days… Food to write home about… Food so good I must Blog and tell the world about the most incredible breakfast I have EVER had in my entire life… I am still full…
• Literally hundreds of photographs… Possibly thousands… Was I really given a camera for Christmas? What was Mom thinking??? Oh yeah… I am a snap-happy shutter bug in the making… But ohhh… The photos!!

So… There is much to share…

In the meantime, I have missed you much, and hope that you are well… After all… A lot can happen in just ten days…

Muah!!!

No comments: