Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, January 15, 2007

Checkmate…

Dear Friends;

I think I have been bested. And I did not even see it coming. I should have. I was raised in politics and weaned on manipulation… And yet… Blindsided…

I may be wrong… This mastermind may be just a regular player… But somehow, I do not think so… And the funny thing is, either way, I am walking away from it all. I did not want to play the game in the first place. I certainly do not wish to be a part of ugly things. And no matter which way the truth really is, I will never discover it. And I no longer care to do so.

I just wish to have things be nice and friendly. I want to be in a place where people are kind and honest with one another. I do not want to be a part of name-calling and mud slinging and political maneuvering. I do not desire to be in the line of fire or in the direction of hostilities… I am tired of insecurities and blame and the pointing of fingers. I will never understand the small and petty. I do not wish to waste time scared and stagnating…

This week, in my moment of anger, I sent a message to someone. I was certain that all signs pointed from that direction solely. I did not open my eyes because I was so caught up in that one direction. Which was wrong of me. The response was of course terrible. One of hatred and anger and denial. I showed both messages to a Dear Friend, who agreed that my message was too harsh and left little room for the other person to move otherwise. My Dear Friend also agreed that now bridges were so successfully burned that even social politeness in the distant future is likely impossible. (That is something entirely new to me…) And then the Dear Friend agreed with the likely possibility that this third person, for reasons of their own, was quite probably the very successful manipulator in bringing things to a heightened state of being…

So, I am laying my king down. I am done. No more Chess for me… Anyone up for Mah Jong? I only played a couple of times, long ago. But I have a beautiful set that is begging to be brought out and dusted off… I have three seats available, and plenty of hot tea… Any takers?

No comments: