Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, January 19, 2007

Okay Q… This one is for you…

Dear Friends;

I have a Dear Friend whose Blog the other day really hit home. The little wheels and cogs inside my head went into overdrive…

This was followed by an important conversation that spanned several hours and placed me in a position where I was explaining views and beliefs that I typically keep to myself… Though exhausted, I came away feeling more connected to my Dear Friend.

This connection was followed by another conversation, with another Dear Friend, where I was the person holding open the door that was previously unseen. I have asked for that. All of it actually.

I asked to have those in my life that would open doors for me… Then I asked to be open to those who shared doors with me, as well as those for whom I consciously pointed out and held open new doors for…

I asked for it. I got it. All of it. And it is wonderful. Though at times it leaves me needing to find a place to center myself again.

This is my reality, because I desired it. I grow and learn because I choose to. I hurt and feel great joy because I long to.

I was very careful when I started out on this conscious journey in my life. I thought long about what it was that I wanted. I wanted to know life. All of life. I wanted to really live. To experience life at it’s very fullest, on every level, in every way. I wanted to be a part of life. I wanted all of these things. I asked for them all. But I did not ask for anything else.

I think about that choice often. Like this morning, after tossing and turning for hours, plagued by dreams that touch the very core of my being. I wonder that I did not ask to know only the beauty… But then I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder…

So I add my words to my Dear Friend’s. And I repeat his question… What is your reality?

In this moment... Still bleary eyed from lack of sleep and too many drugs to keep the impending headache at bay... Below is my reality. It will be different, and yet the same, in a matter of moments. And if you think I am filled with sorrow, read my words again with the perspective of what is is that I want from life... What it is that I asked for in the beginning. I am in joy... Quiet joy today... But true joy because I am truly living...




Only Love Remains

Conversations
Communication
Want and desire
Weighty words
Lots of baggage

My head says
Let it go… Let it go…
My heart says
Let it go… Let it go…
My body agrees
It’s time
Let it go… Let it go…

Night Terrors
Beyond bad dreams
Buttons pushed
Eyes opened
Emotions exposed

My head says
You’ll be fine… You’ll be fine…
My heart says
You’ll be fine… You’ll be fine…
My body agrees
It’s time
I am fine… I am fine…

Knowledge
Understanding
Acceptance
Blessed with love
Truly living

My head says
Courage, Strength and Grace…
My heart says
Courage, Strength and Grace…
My body agrees
It’s time
Only love remains

Let it go…
You’ll be fine…
Courage, Strength and Grace…
Only love remains…

No comments: