Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Gone Shopping...

Today I bought a sewing machine... (Well TWO actually...)

When did they get so expensive? And when did it get so difficult to find a simple machine that would do just forward and reverse, straight and zig zag stitches? I don't do the kind of sewing that I used to... (I can't, and really don't want to get tempted to play with a new toy...)

After going without a machine for so long... (I have had a sewing machine, or two, or three, since I was about eight...) I finally got to the point where I had to have one again... (Like a TV... I used to be so good and not even own a TV... but somehow, somewhere along the way I acquired a 36" monstrosity used for viewing DVD's and the occasional DDR Max dance off...)

I looked (scoured is more accurate...) all over for an inexpensive model... They just don't exist... Or so I thought... When I realized that this was going to end up qualifying as an actual expenditure, I did the normal thing and budgeted for it... (I know, I know... It's just a sewing machine, but I organize my sock drawer by color...)

No comments: