Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meeting the Parents...

So I am off... TOO MEET THE PARENTS... The Parents of the Boyfriend... For the first time...

And I am officially nuts...

(Between missing the wee wiggle worm and re-packing my suitcase three times to make sure I have the "right" clothes for any possible parental situation, I am indeed nuts...)

As my closest friends and family keep telling me... I will do fine... (They also say that I am wonderful and irresistible and that it will be impossible for them to feel anything but love for me... I sooo love my support group network...)

And I will do fine... As soon as I am on the plane tonight, and there is no backing out, I will be fine... (Until then, I will wonder if silly things like the color of polish on my toes or the dress I wear to dinner, or if I happen to look like I love basking in the sun too much, will be some sort of signal that I am all wrong for their beloved son...)

LoL... Then I will of course worry about the important things... Like compatibility and if I fit into the family. Or if I possess nine-million other traits of importance, like kindness and integrity and humor and so on...

Or perhaps I won't... (Worry that is...) After all, the Boyfriend adores me... And I have loved his Mother's e-mails and phone call, and meeting his Aunt and Uncle... And those are telling things...

So... I am off... To go spend one last time basking in the "sun" at the local salon... (It's better than drugs... 20 minutes of total, utter bliss while baking from the inside out... Ahh... Relaxation...)

Cross your fingers...

No comments: