Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Meeting the Parents...


In a matter of hours... I am meeting the parents... And I am wondering what I have gotten myself into...

I fly up for five days... To be with the Boyfriend and his parents...
I have packed and re-packed my suitcase... Three times...
I have grazed my way through all the cupboards and contents of the refrigerator...
I have groomed and preened to the best of my ability...
I am brushed up on conversational topics...
I am trying not to bite my nails...
My stomach is doing acrobatic maneuvers worthy of a Lucent Dossier performance piece...
I am as ready as I'll ever be...

And yet...

I wonder if anyone is ever thinking anything other than: "What on earth have I gotten myself into?" when they happily agree to MEET THE PARENTS...

2 comments:

xartle said...

Hehe, sucker! :-P

Steve Signorelli said...

Just remember, we all like you for being you; they will too. I promise you will survive....and when you get back you get to have all the hugs you desire as a reward for just being yourself.