Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Outing with the girls...

Last night was the night for girlish gossip... (Which I have not done in so very, very long...) It had been so long since we had all gotten together that I even got a little lost getting to our "regular" place... A place of so-so food, but to-die-for margaritas... (I remembered a little too late that I can no longer do tequila, I have to stick to rum, but it was worth it... That was the best blended peach margarita I have ever had...)

One of the "girls" for the night was a boyfriend... Who while certainly not one of "us" ("us" being the silly and high-speed talkers of such life frivolities as to the latest travel adventures and life updates of us and everyone we collectively know...) was a very good sport about the whole thing... (I even think he was rather amused about the whole thing...)

So... Here is the latest that I learned...

Everyone is traveling... To the extent of Where's Waldo, just like me...
Everyone is going through tons of life changes, just like me...
Everyone is happy, but wishing just a little for a small moment to catch a breath, just like me...

All that, and it only took six hours to figure out that we are all in the same place... (Too bad that the same place is not locationally the same...) It is kind of a re-assuring thought that we are still as we have been, yet not at all the same...

No comments: