Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, May 23, 2008

OMG!!!


Here is a video from the latest house hunt. This is the home of my dreams... Right within reach... It all is getting down to timing... Will the Broker get back to us in time? Will the Realtor being gone on vacation over the weekend be our undoing? Will some other Buyer snap this up from under us while we are at the mercy of others? Will it be ours? Can we do it? Can we do it in time? Can The Boyfriend hold up to the compounding stress of me facing the home I thought was beyond our reach, just within our grasp? Will I go nuts? Will I take The Boyfriend with me?



And for a few stills that the video does not cover; try out this album.



It is everything that I told the Realtor that I was hoping for.

It is huge, almost 2,000 sq. ft.
It has high vaulted, open beamed ceilings in every room.
It has two skylights.
It has two fireplaces.
It has covered parking for two large vehicles that can easily become a garage.
It has a pool that is deep enough for a diving board and long enough to swim real laps in.
It has three bedrooms.
It has two bathrooms.
It has a nook in the kitchen large enough for a table and four chairs.
It has a formal living room, and a separate family room.
It has a formal dining area.
It has a formal entryway.
It has tons of windows, large ones, and sliding doors.
It has lots of natural light.
It has a large grassy yard, in the front.
It has room to plant a few fruit trees.
The streets have tons of old tall oak trees, the yards are fully landscaped.
The streets are really wide.
The area is quiet.
The street has almost no traffic on it.
The street has good freeway access.
The street has almost NO turnover rate.
It is in the best area of town. (It is the La Jolla of our new city.)

Oh...

And the reports and tests have already been done. The bits that need to be done are nothing major and would be done by the Seller. (And we would get to pick the new tile. Talk about winning!)

And the price is right. Just barely. And we have to get just one type of loan to be able to swing it. But it is. And the value is already way more than the asking price. Not to mention that I would be hard pressed to want to ever move from this house. It has all the growth we would need. We can have visitors and entertain, and have two children fit right in without batting an eye. Great schools, safe neighborhood, this place has it all.

Just cross your fingers.

(And The Boyfriend says that he wants a vacation from his vacation. I can't blame him. Not one bit. I push hard and poke the bear way too often...)

No comments: