Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, May 19, 2008

Note to Self...


Had a great conversation with The Boyfriend this morning. Then he left for a quickie gym session. I glanced through my e-mail and clicked on a Dear Friend's profile. This song came out of my computer. I don't know what it was, didn't really get the words... But the melody touched me. I sat there on the sofa for the duration of the song, just a minute or two, and soaked it all in. And I was happy with my own company. Alone in my own space and thoughts and my own moment.

Note to Self:

Remember when the children are acting like kids, and the dog is wanting attention, and the dishes need to be washed, my Father is giving me grief for not calling enough, the man in my life is needing his best friend, my friends need their friend too, and I have dinner on the stove... It is a good thing and perfectly okay to take a moment for myself. To step away from it all and shut it all out for the duration of a good deep breath. It is the inner peace that brings me back to me and no matter how it may seem to the rest of the world, it is less selfish in the end if I have more of me to give. (And even if it is more selfish, I need to remember that I count in there too.)

It is incredible how in the space of one song, how many solid deep breaths a body can take. And how good it feels. And no matter how tight the money is, how high the stress is, or how crazy the life is; you can always afford the moment to just BE.

Yup. gotta remember that one.

No comments: