Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Too tired to be scared...



Dear Friends;

He is more nervous than I am.

I can hear it in his voice when he says hello. It is more visible than the rain that is pounding on the tarmac on the other side of the window.

I am at DFW, a very nice airport by the way, and am waiting to board the plane. We have been delayed due to the bad weather at my final destination.

I called to say hello and to check in for the second leg of my trip. And he sounds as if his very life depended upon the voicing of those first few words.

Funny that I am not at all scared or nervous. After all this time and the inhuman early start to my day of cross- country traveling, I am just spent and ready for a nap. Too bad I can’t sleep on planes. I still suffer from 5-year-old syndrome. I can’t sleep for fear of missing out on something important or cool or at the very least entertaining. Even on what has become a routine method of traveling for me. More so than the car, and I never have difficulty curling up in the back seat and zonking out for an hour or two then…

But oh, the sound of his voice… All pinched as if he were in pain. But the good sort, if there is even such a thing… And all that is left is a few more hours… A few more hours, just hundreds of minutes, to see if this friendship really is destined for something greater…