Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, April 26, 2007

This is not the same as it ever was...


The past couple of days have had me right back to that sensation of being in uncharted territory. I like where I am. I really do feel happy. It is just that things are so much in the unknown zone, that I find I am constantly looking about as if I have no idea where I am. Which of course might be because I really am quite lost and have no clue as to where I might be, or where I am headed...

I think that I may be lost. But if I am, let me stay here for a little longer... It is a nice place to be.

This whole newness of a relationship is kind of thrilling in it's own way. I revel in all of the discoveries of the unknown. It is such a novelty coming from a friendship where I felt like I really knew the insides of this great person, and have discovered in the transition into a romantic relationship that I no longer find the inner workings of either of us familiar at all. So that leaves me with the odd and unexpected pleasure of getting to know each of us all over again. Together, as an "us", and also as individuals.

What a foreign concept, at least for me. And who knew that I was ever going to be an "us"? Certainly not me. I have fought it for so long... And certainly not now... I was having... a lesson... or living life on my own and discovering myself, which I would call a lesson of sorts...

And now, here I am. Doing this same thing, with one of my best friends, who also happens to be someone that I am falling for more and more each day. The best part about that is that now there is this incredible person who is my constant partner in crime, the un-ending adventure seeker, the resting place for nomadic heart and mind...

It can all be summed up in a very short conversation that I just had with him, my Chocolate Cake:

He said: "Holy crap, how did we get here?"
She said: "I don't fucking know!"

And then he said: "You know, I bet you are prettier than Helen of Troy..."

(He was also being uber sweet and was working on my computer at the time. He had come across a Trojan and that was where the thought had led him to... That I was from the same area and was so beautiful... And yeah... At least I am not alone in this falling thing... And oh how I fear we are going to be too cute to stomach for a time to come... But I really can't help myself, nor would I really want to if I could...)

No comments: