Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Seeing the obvious... Again...


I saw a photo that a friend posted up about her fishing trip... It looked like she was having the time of her life... (Enough that I can hear my brothers muttering something about scaring off all the fish... Though they did catch fish, there were photos of that too...) What I got from the photo may not be what most would have...

They were being silly... They were laughing... They were having a good time... (Sure that is what everyone else would see...) But this friend is always SO put together... She may be wild and crazy, but she is polished... And there she was, on the boat, in mix-matched clothes and still as cute as ever... She had this silly football cozy for her drink... (As in it was a football shaped cozy that was the size of a tiny pop warner football...) And she looked... Happy.

This friend takes the best photos. Never have I known anyone more photogenic... But to look at these photos, there is something different... Her eyes are not so... So... Well, the word escapes me, but she looked more alive and sparkly than I have seen in any other photo...

And it made me think that perhaps being perfect is not what it is all about... Perhaps one CAN be happy in mix-matched clothes and a silly football cozy... Perhaps it is not so bad that all the coffee cups don't match, or that the only sweater in the car does not go with the outfit you have on... Perhaps there is more to life than the outer appearances... (And YES, I do already know this... But it was a slamming revelation all the same...)

So there you have it... My observation for the day... I'm going to go put on mix-matched socks and grab the first sweater I see, sit at the computer, sip my herbal tea, and be happy for the rest of the day...

No comments: