Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, March 17, 2008

Recycling Question...


I want to take up the challenge to live more greenly... Not a bad thing... Even if I don't reach my own personal hopes, I am still dong better than what I have been... So here's the question(s)...

Which things CAN be recycled?

I mean, I know that almost anything can be recycled, re-used, re-gifted, re-turned, reduced and so on... But when you live in a place that has those blue recycle bins, what CAN go in them? I have seen everything from plastic bottles, glass, plastic, cardboard, magazines, paper, plastic shopping bags, to cereal boxes, styrofoam containers and peanuts, clothes and shoes, even an old computer monitor. But I know that not all of that is going to the right place in those blue bins... And do you need to rinse out the cans and plastic bags? Can a pizza box really go in there?


So WHERE do you take the other things that can go someplace other than in a landfill?

And while I am asking...

What about composting? Is there a good way to do this? To avoid the smells? And what can go into that?

I know this is probably ambitious... But better to be armed with the knowledge and the ability to actually do something than to continue on in bliss and feigned ignorance. So please... Comment... Educate me. Or tell me where I can go to find out better answers... What works for you? What has not worked? What do the folks that you know do? How much is enough? How far is taking it all too far? And not to be forgotten, what can go into those blue bins?


As you can see... I am wearing a different kind of green today...
And I really do need the helpful advice...
Thanks!

2 comments:

xartle said...

http://www.recycleforbreastcancer.org/

That came up on my search.

Also, for a certain place I know where a certain person lives.

Light Blue Bin:
Food, beverage and non-hazardous product containers including:
* glass bottles
* glass jars
* steel/aluminum/
metal cans
* plastic bottles and jars (#1 - #7)
* plastic tubs and cups (i.e. margarine tubs and yogurt cups #1-#7)


Dark Blue Bin:
* newspaper and newspaper inserts
* telephone books

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.