Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall Fashion Frenzy...


I am sitting here with all the best reading material a gal could ask for… It is September after all… And that means the best of the best come out to super size my usual travel perusing favorites… The Fall Fashion Issues!!!!

I have; Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, In Style, Lucky, Elle, and Marie Claire strewn about the floor at my feet… The pages are now dog-eared and well- worn… The Covers are crinkled and the pages tabbed and wrinkled with my scrawling handwriting across the margins and over the ads…

I love this time of year…

Usually I travel with just Lucky or occasionally one of the others… But twice a year, spring and fall, I go out and live large… 590-840 pages large… (What I lovingly refer to as my bible turns into the phonebook for the greater LA area judging by the size and heft of the glossy mags that I do so adore…) You should see me on a plane trying to juggle them all… This past spring I went from foolish juggling clown to the adept master of the sliding of overly slick, overly thick readers… (I also passed many of the magazines along to very happy ladies who also share my guilty pleasure…) This fall, I drove for the latest stints of my traversing the Western US… So the books slid from one side of the passenger floor to the other…

Either method of travel, it is still the same effect… I reach my destination and whip out the book from the middle and scan the pages… I oooh and ahhh and exclaim to the poor boyfriend, (Who has become incredible at looking interested at what is holding my interest, even if it happens to be a pair of boots and matching handbag…) or whom ever else just so happens to be unlucky enough to be sitting next to me…

It takes me until November to make it through all of the “look books” to my satisfaction… It takes another week for me to create tear sheets with my “can’t live without” and other items of my newfound “inspiration”… And then the dilapidated books hit the recycling bin, one giant thud sounding after another…

And then I have six more months until the spring frenzy starts my heart pounding and blood racing all over again for the thrill of the undiscovered tour of fashion…

Sometimes… I am such a girl…

No comments: