Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hack Job Holly...



So it turns out that I am a cutter... Of hair, rather than skin...

I have always been one to play inside the box... (as my hairdresser friends like to tease) But as it turns out, when I get really fed up with how my reflection is staring back at me, I reach for the nearest pair of scissors and start snipping away...

Like I did this morning.

I did the usual... Took shower dried hair, tried on what seemed to be like half of my closet (I have more than 36 feet of closet space that is crammed so tightly that I fear the rods may split in the middle...) and then decided what I could do to change what was staring back at me right then and there was to tweak my haircut. (again)

This is not the first time that I have done this. I am sure it will not be the last. But it is certainly the fastest way to gain that release the cutting brings with it. Like I am in control and can change things right now. (A total laugh, I know...) And I would say that I can't help it, but I could. If I really wanted to that is. Which, really, I don't. It hurts no one and I feel better afterwards. (I am sure that there are all sorts of psychological problems that you could say that I have for feeling the need to snip away at my hair from time to time, but if you are going to do that, I am sure you would find all sorts of other random idiosyncrasies that are far more entertaining to examine under a microscope. Like my obsession with silly socks, my habit of keeping clean panties in my glove box for emergencies, or the way I can get excited about going anyplace and turning it into a grand adventure full of excitement and wonder. Or hey, how about my choice in friends or Blog readers... You get the idea right? You still feel the love right? You should, I love you all...)

Anyway...

So I have a few more uneven layers in my hair again... (But that is in style right now, so I am off the hook on that.) And I have a bit of bangs... (Which are not in fashion, but I don't really care...) And I have come to terms that I will suffer along with the greater masses at Burning Man proudly displaying my hideous playa hair... I will overcome, I will wear the dust with pride. I will, I will, I will...

And if my current hairdresser (who is also one of my bestest friends) is reading this... I never wrote these words... You dreamed this whole Blog up... My hair just naturally grows out this way... Really, it does...

No comments: