Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, January 18, 2008

Rubbing Elbows...


Day one of rubbing elbows with officials, aides, and other activists went wonderfully!

I met some really incredible people... An inspirational pair of young women from the Young Survivors Coalition, courageous leaders willing to share their wisdom, officials that really WANT to make a difference, officials that don't and a 13 year old girl from San Diego who, along with her young sisters started a foundation called "You Go Girl". (You should check it out... She is going to be among tomorrows leaders...)

I am heading back for a one on one with an Assemblyman to follow up on the legislature that we are trying to get passed. (And I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how very, very excited I am over that prospect...)

So... All in all, Day One went so much better than I had hoped... And to think that I was having Eleventh Hour Reservations... I am so glad that I came.

I have a ton of photos that I took and when I head back into the real world, I will upload some of them... (It's just not possible from a Hotel computer...)

I have a day of training and symposium ahead of me... (I love learning, s this is actually going to be FUN! Just watch out... I ask LOTS of questions...)

So much to share with everyone about the great things I have learned, the information that I have been given, the discoveries that I have made... But later... Promise!

Well... I am off to be the poster child (eh... young woman... um... un-insured/ under-insured woman) that we are actually representing... (I have told my story so many times that I am beyond tired of telling it. But, I am not alone in this, and changes MUST be made... So tell and re-tell I do... (Thank goodness that I don't embarrass easily...)

Wish me luck! (Thanks for the well wishes yesterday! I did kick butt... I did take names... Actually, I really did...)

No comments: