Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, January 7, 2008

Been awhile...


Okay... So it has been awhile since I last blogged... But I have to admit that with all of the writing that I have been doing over at the Breast Cancer site, I am all but written out. And when I am not, I feel guilty for blogging for pleasure.

But...

Time is passing by and the desire for posting is growing... Even though it has been so long and there is so much to catch up on...

All I really want to do is take a nap. It is one of those days. The kind where the flannel sheets beckon and invite enticingly. The kind that slips past unnoticed for its want of curling up with a good book. (I even tried to nap, but my eyes refuse to shut. Dratted eyes for being responsible! I would love to be a bed-bum today...)

The Boyfriend is back at work...
We just spent the most perfect weekend in my existence together...
I have come to terms with my (temporary) website limitations...
I am excited about the future, both immediate and long term...
I have packed so heavily this trip that I finally feel like I have things to wear and stuff to do...
And last night I chose to revel in the most perfect daydream rather than take my chances with real dreams...
I have two resolutions for the year...

Life is moving forward.

Thank goodness!

I had the opportunity to get a really good look at where I was last year, as well as the year before, this past weekend. And I am happy to see where I am at this year. I can see where I might be next year. Something I have not been able to say in a very, very, very long time. And while I would never hazard to say that I see things "for sure", I can see many of the different possibilities that lie ahead, and I look forward to them.

And when I get the balls enough to spill the beans about where I am heading in life, I will...

(Funny, I can toss the idea about in my head for the past year, I can talk about it with my closest friends and loved ones, but to post it in a blog... To write it down at all... WOW... It makes it REAL... And while I want it to be real, it is still scary to go there. And yes, I just admitted fear so you know I'll be blogging it and facing it soon. Talk about dropping the gauntlet on one's self...Sheesh!)

No comments: