Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fuego de los Muertos...


So we went...
We saw...
We participated...
In what seemed like almost everything...

A bite of this...
A taste of that...
A hug here...
A dance there...

New friends...
Net friends...
Sibling bonding...

It was all good...

And then the wind kicked in...
And picked up...
Picked up my tent too...
Like a giant breathing monster, heaving in and out, puffing up billowing clouds of dust and dirt...

So we packed it in...
Then packed it out...

And were home in time to take a shower...
And then another...
And crawl in between clean sheets...
Dreaming of food we were too tired to fix...

And then the fires came...

And I was glad for the niggling need in the back of my scull telling me to toss in the towel and go home...
I would not have made it there otherwise...

So there is something to be said for that gut reaction, instinct and intuition thing...

And in the end...
There are happy memories and photos...
The photos I'll share...
The rest...
Well...
You just had to be there...

FDLM 2007

No comments: