Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, February 4, 2008

I think it's time for a credit card...


I spoke with the case manager at the Patsur Program... And the news is to the tune of $6,000.00... And they have never had a surgeon request a breast MRI before. So they don't think that they can cover it. But she is reassuring me that she is working on that... (And has been in the two weeks since I saw the surgeon... Without letting me know, of course...) So I am crossing my fingers that something will happen that is positive... (Like she really is working on this... But after the last handful of dealings...)

The surgeon warned me that the test was expensive... He had said about 3 grand... Plus FNA/LNA for the biopsy... (And while it has been almost a year since all of this has started, he discovered another location for concern... Time is not a friend in this sort of thing...) He said that the alternative would be more expensive, more invasive and more scarring... Not to mention, less effective... (That would be to open the breast up and do an old fashioned biopsy, and hope that he got the right location in the mass... Which would be fine if he were just going to remove the whole area, and then let me know if it was necessary for radiation afterward or not... But this whole wanting to have children thing is putting a damper on that... Not to mention that is just not how these things work... Though WHY that is, I just don't know, and no one else seems to either...)

So I am waiting... Again... Still...

And I think it may be time to get a credit card. The one with the highest limit I can get... I don't think they'll take my left arm as payment... They certainly aren't taking my breasts no matter how much I push for that... (A sick joke... I know... Sorry... Just frustrated...)

What I have left to say is this: When you are voting tomorrow... Ask yourself how important health care is to you... And how important it will be to you when you retire. Because I have Medicare. And they do not cover so many things. (Things like this...) Ask yourself if in a handful of years you want to be struggling to find a doctor who will even see you, let alone a hospital that will do the tests that you need to (save your life) lead a healthy life... And then vote for those that will support moving in a direction that will make sure American's do not have to continue facing such a grim future. So that one day, YOU do not have to face a grim future. (This is not something that I would wish on anyone...)

No comments: