Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, December 29, 2006

Leftover cold Chinese Food right from the Carton...

Dear Friends;
It's one of those days...

The kind where I take advantage of good old feel better standbys... Like eating leftover cold Chinese food right from the carton with a fork and putting the chopsticks in my hair...

Last night I had a Dear Friend over... She was my inspiration and I tore through some of projects that I have been pushing off for too long... I am now properly armed for my trip next weekend as well... If being well dressed for the occasion is being properly armed...

Truth be told... It is the looming, impending, inescapable in front of me trip that I am dreading... Put it off you say? Just don't go? I can not hide... I will not run... I will face things and then go on... As I have...

But until then... I am out of sorts... I would rather spend the day buried under the covers...

Well... Actually...

I would rather spend the next week in bed. Or the tanning bed. Or buried up to my neck in the sand. Or holding my breath under water...

I feel as if I have been holding my breath endlessly now... At least if I were under water, I would feel weightless and floating and not just disconnected and out of sorts...

Perhaps I will go swimming... Put some of my restless energy to use... Feel the movement of the water rush over my skin as I pace my laps, one after another...

Of course...

I do have freshly washed satin sheets on my bed in a lovely shade of Aubergine, and an old Teddy Bear waiting to give me the same reassuring hugs that he has been providing for more than half my life...

Yes... A few good hugs... Another carton of cold Chinese... A few laps at the pool... Perhaps a nice long bubble bath... And I will once again be ready to take on the world...

One well dressed trip at a time...

No comments: