Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Saturday, December 30, 2006

I think I have fallen in love…

Dear Friends;

I think that I am finally falling in love…

It is the little things that I have started to notice… Those ever-present things that sit in the back of the brain that just beg some attention from time to time at random moments. Like knowing that Brie is a weakness so you add some to the basket, or that pretty toes are appreciated, so pedicures become de rigueur… The drive to don frilly frippery and soft silky things just because or to take that little extra moment to make sure that you look your best before heading out the door… Not to mention the sighs and the contented feeling. Or that certain glow that seems to appear in photographs, even when you are so tired your eyes hurt…

I am fairly certain that these are all signs of falling in love…

Special dates to see movies… Opening a really good bottle of Cabernet… Buying an entire lingerie ensemble just because… Making sure that the best sheets are placed on the bed and that they are always pressed just so…

These are pretty good indicators of falling in love…

Listening to what is wrong and then doing the things to make everything better… From just sitting quietly to putting on some silly music and singing terribly at the top of your lungs… Accepting those moments of weakness and understanding what it is to accept the imperfections that are a part of being human… Being patient when it is most certainly in your nature to be quite the opposite… And reveling in all the moments of laughter…

I don’t know what this is, if it is not the euphoria of falling in love…

And if you would have told me a year ago, or even six months ago that the person that I would fall in love with was someone that was already so very dear to me… Someone I had always known… I would never have believed you… But there it is… This incredible person staring back at me with acceptance and caring and understanding… And love…

I think I have fallen in love…

With ME…

No comments: