Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Monday, May 1, 2006

Dreamy Eyes Equate Brick-like Brownies...

Dear Friends;

Do you remember the cap to my pen? The one that Dreamy Eyes from the airport walked away with? Yeah... I had forgotten all about it too... Can you imagine that? I know! Seriously though, I really did... I was distracted... Again... By a pair of dreamy eyes... (You soo did not see that one coming... Right?)

Dreamy Eyes not only called me, he drove several hours to spend time with me in the kitchen preparing a 4-course dinner for 20. The conversation was so... stimulating... (HaHa... Shhh...) that I forgot all about the brownies that I had in oven... For the record my Dear Friends, placing things into an oven, and then forgetting all about the time, is something that I do not do. Now one of the guys on my team does things like over-toasting his baguettes because he gets distracted, but that's not me... Unless of course, I am looking into really dreamy eyes... And then, well, it's buh-bye brain... Hello brick-like Brownies...

The funny thing is, I had forgotten all about the dreamy eyes and the cap to my lucky pen. All I remembered was that there was this incredible connection. This unbelievably good vibration that I had gotten from him. And when he showed up at the door... and I saw him... All I could see were these dreamy eyes again, and the way that when he smiles, it traves all the way up to those eyes that have the ability to make all the thoughts turn into vapors inside my brain.

The incredible thing is, that the conversation is so stellar that I can (temporarily) forget about those eyes... And I still had forgotten all about the cap to my lucky pen. Until a few minutes ago, when I went to edit something in a past blog and there it was... And for a moment, I was actually wondering, what cap to which pen?

Really now... Who needs a lucky pen anyway? Oh my dear, Dear Friends, I am such a fickle creature... Well... Only about some things, I still do not like Starbucks... And I still love silly socks... And crazy escapades still happen to occur in my life on a regular basis, not that I will Blog all of them...

So...

Here's to life and laughter and endless distraction...
To brick-like brownies that our waist-lines thank us for not consuming...
To successful dinner parties that make my Mother's 60th birthday memorable...
To Dreamy Eyes that are a part of a much dreamier package...
And to Dear Friends who understand when they receive letters and postcards written in crayon because all of the pens have dried out due to missing caps...
Cheers...

No comments: