Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Like the Vikings, I was HERE...

Dear Friends;

Today I wrote my name in wet cement… I created a beautiful masterpiece of letters and signed it with my handprints… Then I dragged my father to the beach. When we returned, I discovered that it had been wiped cleaned. Funny how things like that happen… I was given a clean slate. Everything wiped clean. Then the workers came to me and said that they had been instructed to clear it, so they did. They felt badly and said that I should put it back. They came to me twice. Funny that. Leave your mark. Have it wiped clean. Be approached to have it put back. And then replace it once again.

I think we all leave a mark. A residue, an imprint on the wet concrete that surrounds our lives, and the lives of those we come in contact with. Just remember to mark your life carefully and with purpose.

So what did I finally etch in the pavement, leaving my graffiti marks in struck into the un-hardened stone like some modern day Viking traveler?

the sunny side of the street
you are here
life is sweet- enjoy it well

The rest of my writings, my Dear Friends, are for those that find their way to my childhood home and see that I was, indeed, here.

No comments: