Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Rites of Spring...

Dear Friends;

I am feeling the rites of spring being thrust upon me early. I am noticing the birds are back in full force on their way to their Northern homes. They seem to be all twitterpaited, like some Disney animator granted blue-fairy status brought them all to life. I fully expect Snow White to start singing about how someday her Prince will come... (And the weird part is, I do know a Snow White in good Springtime spirits... so you can imagine how weird this is for me...)

Truly though, Dear Friends, I am feeling restless. I am in need of an adventure. Not dramatics, but something thrilling and exciting. Like the first time I went to Magic Mountain and had to be pried from the bars of Freefall I was so overwhelmed by adrenaline. (I was also so scared that I vowed never to go on that ride again... And I haven't... I jumped from an airplane instead... Now that was incredible!!)

I get easily sidetracked... What I was trying to say, was that I am experiencing an overwhelming sense of adventure coming upon me with a healthy dose of playfulness thrown in. I might erupt in a fit of giggles at any time. It has been happening more frequently over the course of the past week and shows no sign of abating.

The cool part is that I have been checking things off my "List" faster than I can add them on. If this current mood lasts through the Summer, I will be in dire measures to refurbish said "List". And about my "List"... For those of you who do not already know, I have this "List" that take just about everywhere with me. I started it about 18 months ago when things changed drastically in my life. It is a wonderful thing. I searched high and low for just the perfect book to write it down in. And when it did come along it almost leapt into my hands... Sort of like the bedding that jumped off of the shelf and into my arms to be fondled in Wal-Mart... Ohh... fondling... Wal-Mart... uggh... ick... sorry for that... Anyway...

The book where my list is penned is a beautiful Capezio Performance-Pink. Any ballerina knows this shade on sight and either gets this rush from thrill or wants to vomit due to so many hours of torturing tiny toes until bloodletting occurs... For those of my Dear Friends who do not dance, just call it a delicate pink and you have an idea of the shade. And of course the fabric is stitched in a diaper diamond pattern with white thread. Very classic, and very simple. (For while I am a girly-girl, I tend to veer away from overly frilled monstrosities that masquerade as Lara Ashley creations from the 80's... Imagine Victorian meets 40's movie glamour and you are really close.)

Sidetracked Again So... The book has a beautiful silver closure and the pages are thick and smooth. They almost beg to be written upon... So I do... Often. Oh how I love how the pen glides across the pages... So much so that I have about 200 things to cross off of my "List"...

All this, my Dear Friends, was to say to you...

If you have a sense of Springtime coursing through your veins right now If you too have a desire to take on the unknown To feel the rush and the thrill and the excitement of being all things at once, especially curious and silly, let me know... One of things that I love most is a partner in crime. I am more than happy to go out into the wild blue yonder alone and see what there is to see... But the view is always better when you share it with a friend...

Like the song says... "Hey hey oh playmate... come out and play with me..."

No comments: