Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dear Mother Nature Letter...

Dear Friends;

I received the following as a bulletin from my sister-in-law. She, my brother and the kids live in Denver where spring is a very important rite of yearly passage.

THE BULLETIN:

"I don't know about all of you, but if yesterday was the first day of spring, some one forgot to tell Mother Nature. It was cold! Windy! and Snowey! Where were the flowers? the birds? the sun? Was it more like spring for you??"

As I have been in a rather flippant mood these past several days, the response included below is the message that I sent back to her to warm her day. (See what a good and caring member of the family that I am? Don't you wish that you were a part of the craziness that makes up my familial dynamics??)

THE RESPONSE:

"No spring here... San Diego has had a delayed winter. I think that is really what is happening here. All the seasons are just pushing back further and further so that when March rolls around we are expecting spring but really it won't begin for another two months. Kind of like summer not getting here until July or fall until mid- October and winter in late December.

Really now, September was the hottest month of last year and I did not even start wearing my coats until November, and we all know how cold I get...

You are so right. Someone should send an e-mail, or at the very least a text message to Mother Nature about getting things back on track. Perhaps she is on vacation and has not kept good tabs on her replacement. Maybe we should CC Father Time just in case he knows were she is.

Let's see, it should be something like a Dear Santa letter, but perhaps a little shorter than what I remember writing as a child. After all, I have been taught to not be quite so materialistic as was back then. Of course if you saw my shoe collection then you know that I was really not paying attention to that lecture when it was being delivered.

Dear Mother Nature;

Please attend to the situation regarding the passing of the seasons. I have noticed that they are off kilter from what they have been known to be though-out the time that I have grown up and been wasting the oxygen that all your trees provide. I am sorry that it is our fault that global warming is occurring, but truly, it is your place to insure that things like the weather stay on track. How else can I justify not wearing white after Labor Day?

When you now insist on making October feel like July, I become confused. And really, I am from southern California, and sweaters just don't fit in with my Easter hat, lightweight cotton dress and flip-flops.

Also, if you can do something about updating the oxygen emissions of those trees that we are so rapidly depleting, then perhaps my mind might be stimulated enough to think about thinking up some way to do my part to stop the overwhelming consumption of the natural resources. Or maybe I won't. But you are a mother and are supposed to put me first. So if you could also think about some way to include world peace in all of this, I would really be happy. But not if it slows down the correction of the season timing issues.

Thank you so much for your time. I know that you won't let me down. I have been so good, and after all I am only human. If I have any faults or am lacking in meeting my responsibilities, it really can't be helped.

I just know that you won't let me down for Easter. Oh, and please tell the Easter bunny for me, that I really would prefer dark chocolate this year, I hear that it is better for my health.

Many Thanks,
Muse and all her friends and family

Okay, perhaps that won't work... I guess we should just bitch about the changes and look for pink sweaters to wear to church to please mom for the annual family photos. Hope this brightens your day since I can't send the sunshine to you. Virtual hugs and warm fuzzies to you and yours...

Love,
ME

No comments: