Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Friday, June 27, 2008

Advice from my Sister-in-law...


I called my brother this morning... With the time difference, it was lunchtime on the farm. Everyone was inside and clamoring for food and drinks, juice and sippy cups, and and and... But I got to have a great conversation with my brother. We spoke for almost thirty minutes before he passed the phone off to my sister-in-law.

And this is what I took away from the conversation, even though as Mommy to four and one on the way, she has only a few minutes to spare as she is powering through the lunchtime rush...

1.) When I asked when the exhaustion would end... She laughed and said in about 18 or 20 years... she said to just push through as best as I can and get things done.

2.) When I told her about not being able to handle the smell of meat... she said I was just going to have to get over it at some point, since with the next one I would still have to cook the meals and feed them anyway.

And we talked about other practical things like little kids and spilling on floors and cleaning hard wood versus pergo or tile... And so I have lots of food for thought about putting reclaimed wood in the kitchen and entryway... Might give more consideration to the tile that will be in the bathrooms after all...

You know the woman truly is incredible when she can juggle four little ones, feed a hungry farmer, and still impart great wisdom and needed advice in under five minutes. Seriously, she is the best and I am very, VERY, lucky to have her in my life... (Even when it is only five minutes at a time...)



Note: That is my youngest niece *helping* in the kitchen... (Yet another example of how awesome my sister-in-law is...)

No comments: