Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, December 1, 2005

Top 20 reasons to be HAPPY...

Top 20 Reasons to be Happy in December

1. Seeing shades of gray
2. Taking a bronze medal in the ACF Jr. Team State Culinary Competition
3. Nonstop conversation for almost 20 hours of a road trip
4. End of fall term
5. Far away family in town for visits
6. New births in the family
7. Making fish tar tare instead of fish fillet and being happy about it
8. Seeing the latest Harry Potter and loving it
9. My Mothers Soup Party Tradition
10. Buying, making, wrapping, decorating gifts for loved ones
11. Decorating huge, fancy sugar cookies with the kids
12. Postcards and holidays cards and letters in the real mail
13. Everyone dressing in red to match like the geeks that we are and being happy about it because it is Christmas
14. Wearing my glasses and being told repeatedly that I am hotter for it (Hmmm who knew I had so many friends with teacher and librarian fantasies??)
15. Surviving four days of turkey dinners and knowing that there will be ham for dinner in December
16. Being able to finally wear all my pretty scarves and sweaters
17. Needing to build an ark as they visit two by two
18. 20 minutes of ecstasy and utter warmth from the salon on a regular basis
19. Admitting to and enjoying being a my space junkie
20. Fully committing to doing things that are way outside of my usual comfort zones, and embracing the growth that results from it

No comments: