Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Saturday, November 24, 2007

What I am Thankful for...


Here it is... What it is that I am Thankful for... A little late this year, but things just have not been "of the usual" for the past couple of weeks...

It is one of those times, that time stands still, and there is no comprehension that a moment flashes past in an instant and so does an hour or ten. It is this drive and passion that courses through my veins and fills me like nothing else, and yet leaves me emptier than ever before. This thing that I have let into my life, my world, my heart... This cause, this need, this space of where I am suspended... It is where I was meant to be.

Have you ever felt like you were meant to meet someone, or hear something at just the right moment, or do something, or be something, or anything along those lines? If you have then you know what I mean when I say that is how I am feeling right now. (And I feel awed and blown away and thankful.)

Have you ever felt like you have spent your life in training? That all of the choices that you made, the things that could be called mistakes were all important lessons to get you to where you are right now? And that where you are right now is going to be important to where you will be in a hundred tomorrows? Or a thousand? Have you felt that all the learning that you have done is just to help prepare you for the next thing, the next level, the next stage, and then the next one after that? If you have, then you understand how I have been feeling for sometime. (And I feel the progression of things and the evolution of life and I embrace the changes. And I am thankful for that.)

I have felt the pressure and the drive and the heat and fire of life. And lately, I have felt as if there is not enough time, as if it is slipping away too quickly and tomorrow is already spent. But I do not feel wasteful or regretful. (And I very, very thankful for that.)

And with everything that has gone on over the past year, and all of the changes and all of the trials and all of the adventures and new ventures, I have felt loved and supported as never before. (More than anything, I am thankful for that.)

And now... Wrapped up in the fluffiest lap blanket know to man, curled up in The Boyfriend's recliner, with my feet propped up and the laptop sitting on my legs increasing the warmth of the blanket, I am going to return to my research and writing... I am feeling decadent here... I have imported cookies from Germany, the best I have ever had in my life. Fabulous leftover Chinese takeout sitting on the table next to me, and piping hot honey-water percolating in the brewer pretending to be tea... It is a strange mix this being a productive bum thing.

It is almost as great as the new dog I discovered. (As in new to me... Turns out that my Mom in New York had one of these as a kid, and that is the very same kind of dog that I fell in love with through all of her stories... Who knew?) A dog that is smart, fluffy, soft, playful, full of energy, easy to train, good with children, big but thinks it's a lapdog, obedient, and HYPO-ALLERGENIC!!! It is my dream of dogs. I have my heart set on a female one now... But who knew such things existed?

What's that commercial about strange combinations?
Whatever it is... It's like that...
And you can bet I am beyond thankful for that!)

No comments: