Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Heard at Home...


Do you recall my post about The Boyfriend and I committing "Tree"? Well we did. At least we tried...

We picked out the tree and took it home. We planted it in the little pot as the directions said. We watered it and gave it sun. We even named it. And while The Boyfriend may SAY that it was my doing that the tree was named, the conversation was something more like this:

She said: I have been thinking about what we might want to call our tree...

He said: Really?

She said: Yeah... Something like Forrest... As in you can't see the Forest for the Tree... Or maybe Lief, you know for leaf...

He said: (Groan) Well... I was thinking maybe Doug. "cause it's likely a Douglas Fir... That's what they usually are in these tree kits...

She said: I love it! Douglas...

He said: Dougie...

She said: Doug... Perfect! You're awesome, I love you!

So a few nights ago, we were laying in bed and whispering under the covers... (We have company, so things have been a bit hectic and out moments together almost feel stolen and definitely feel way to short...) Anyway, we were talking about this and that and I brought up something that had been weighing on me all afternoon... Doug. Or rather, the lack of any sight of our little Doug.

She said: Babe, I think we may need to get another tree...

He said: We might...

She said: There is no sight of Doug at all... There should be something by now... He might not be sprouting...

He said: You mean we are Doug-less?

After than we giggled like the pair of maniacs that we are... Until my sides hurt and I could barely breathe... We tried to keep it down... (Yeah right, Doug-less, Douglas... I am sure hyenas would have been quieter...) I can only imagine what our house-guest was thinking... (On second thought, I really don't want to know...)

No comments: