Disclaimer

This blog is an on-going work in progress, just like its creator. The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and the not-so-innocent. The events portrayed are as true and accurate as my perspective and memory allows, and are subject to change without further notice in the future. You will not find any Pay Per Post on my blog... No advertising. No peddling of anything other than my personal thoughts, opinions, and experiences... If you are reading my words it is because you are choosing to share a birds-eye view into my playground, not because I am pounding down your door asking to come in out the elements uninvited. With all of that out of the way, I really am glad you are here…

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

About the Boyfriend...



It seems to come up often about why I refer to the person I am involved with as only the Boyfriend… And it may seem to some to be a little less than what it really is to me. For others, those who have been following my Blog since the beginning, that name caries much weight.

I invite you to go back through my Blogs and follow along my twisted and tangled path to where I am at now… Though I do understand that I am somewhat prolific and that may be daunting, even for those that are avid readers. To that end, I am willing to offer up a much shortened and somewhat censored recap of why…

The last “boyfriend” I had, was almost eight years ago. And I married, and then divorced him. Let us just say, it was not a good choice, and move on. For the years that followed, I swore off commitment. I was adamant that I was not tied to anyone, nor was I willing to consider entertaining the idea of more than what was.

I moved through life grabbing at every lesson and experience I could, as if to make up for all the time I had let slip past me… And along came this friend in the form of smiles that stayed with me long after he had moved far away. Letters in electronic form were the main form of communication, and always the highlight of my day. And still I persisted in not letting anyone get close to me, even when I thought I was…

Time passed and the days moved on… And in some large part, so did I. But I hoarded my small group of closest, Dear Friends to my heart. And then it became apparent that one in particular had my interest of another sort. And more time passed.

One day it wasn’t… Then one day, it was. This Dear Friend, this best of friends, had become something more… Something I swore never again. Something that I so dearly longed for. And he became The Boyfriend. For that is what he is. And it is no small thing. Someday, I may change what I call him. All things in time evolve and change, even the names by which we are referred to… (And he has already had two names within just my Blog…)

You never know what the future may bring…

Sometimes it is the beautiful gift of companionship in the form of a wonderful friend who has the wherewithal to become…

The Boyfriend…

No comments: